Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Buddy Brawner


I once was working as a landscaper. The boss assigned me to clear out a deep and narrow trench that was over-wrought with large stones. I broke a number of shovels trying to dislodge a particular rock, and eventually had to call out for help. Along came Brawner, who, with what seemed like his left pinky, lifted the massive element from its roost and discarded it over his shoulder as one might do after opening a pair of socks for Christmas.

Brawner's birthday isn't so far away, and he is simply one of the coolest, baddest, most talented and unique individuals I have ever known.

Here is a picture that I made of Brawner when we were still in school from around 2003. He recorded my band, Copacabana. I dropped the 'cabana' part since the kids these days keep confusing it with 'Copabanana.'

The album is available at http://cdbaby.com/cd/copatunes3 and is a pretty righteous rock record.

No comments:

Post a Comment